Thursday 5 March 2020

Wonderful Writing! What?

This week in our class some of my writing teams have been learning about iSPACE. Do you know what iSPACE is? No? Well what a minute and I'll tell you. It is going to make your writing fabulous!

iSPACE is a clever way of starting your sentences in different ways. We can use an -ing word, a simile, a preposition, an adverb, a connective or an -ed word. A-ha it really is a wonderful thing to know.


We started with looking at these two pieces of writing and thinking about which one was better and more importantly why it was better. Which one do you think is better? Why?



The part we have found challenging has been making sure we use the iSPACE words at the start of our sentences and not just in our sentence.

We've really enjoyed learning about this because we know it is going to make our writing more exciting to read. We also love the idea that we are writing complex sentences. How cool is that?!  Have a go at using iSPACE in your writing.

4 comments:

  1. Kia ora Te Mahuri,

    It was great to read all about your writing and how you are all learning to use iSpace. I thought the Super Squirrel stories were great, but I could see how the use of iSpace improved the second piece. It made the writing more exciting and I was able to visualise a whole lot more.

    What part of iSpace did you find the easiest to use? What was the hardest?

    I look forward to reading some of your individual writing pieces in the future.

    Keep up the great work Te Mahuri!
    :) Mrs Spragg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia ora Miss Sprag Im olivia from te mahuri Thanks for commenting on our blog. The part that I found the easiest was the ing words and I did not find eanything hard.I like ispace because it helps me make better sentinces. Do the schools you work at do ispace. from Olivia

      Delete
  2. Hola Te Mahuri,

    I loved reading this post because we did lots of iSpace last year and it reminded me we need to get stuck into it again! It always makes me smile when people start their stories with a simile - as it is usually based around what they're interested in. :)

    Our class loved reading the differences between the two Squirrel pieces. The second piece was so much more descriptive - great stuff! We can't wait to read more of your work.

    What do you think is the most effective part of iSpace?

    Miss Blair
    Lochiel School

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora, I'm Paige R from Yaldhurst Model School thanks for commenting on our blog I think it is adverbs because it makes your sentences more interesting but using iSPACE is good to because using all of them is better then using one.I am glad we used iSPACE because it helps our sentences.what is it like to teach down school.from Paige R.

    ReplyDelete