Wednesday 25 March 2020

Wednesday 25 March 2020

It is now 5.25 pm and my family and I have just about completed day 1 of isolation.  Boy...do I miss the masses of smiles, cackles from the girls (who remind me of a bunch of hens in the hen house), and the general mayhem that is Te mahuri in the morning.
Life is going to become crazily calm, quiet and generally pretty settled for us all.  We have to feel gratitude for being safe, at home, with our families.  We have to create a new normal by organising our own timetables.  Your children could spend the morning doing some school work, and let Mum and dad have a wee lie in, and then play board games as a family??? Remember to lose with dignity and win with grace.  You have been practicing this when I win at hangman, just saying.
You could look up funny jokes online and come up with a whole load of them in readiness for a jokeathon in term 2....
Whatever you do do not give up on all the great work you have created this term... keep learning... keep striving to be your best no matter what... keep focussing on making the world a better place one good deed at a time.
Until my next blog... Over and Out

Ms Dods

3 comments:

  1. Kia ora Ms Dods,

    It sounds like you might miss Te Māhuri! But it also sounds like you are happy to be home with your family. I am also happy to be with my family, though my dog keeps barking at people walking past the gate and that is a bit annoying.

    I like the ideas you've come up with. We have all set a bit of a timetable up in our house. School starts at 9am and works through too lunchtime. Us adults will work a bit longer though.

    A jokeathon sounds fun. Here is one you can borrow: Why couldn't the pony sing? Because it was a little horse. LOL!!! Here's another ... What is brown and sticky? A stick!

    I'll stop, especially as Hannah is telling me I'm NOT funny.

    Enjoy day two of you isolation.
    :) Mrs Spragg

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kia Ora Mrs Spragg,
      I thought your jokes were really funny. Today I have done a couple of workouts with Poppy. Jonti has made pasta from scratch, very delicious and I have done a little more of my stitching. IHey..what did the envelope say to the stamp?....stick with me and we'll go places...;););)

      Life here is not to a timetable. We all just do whatever needs to be done. It is, actually, really lovely having the children around all day. But I am missing Te Mahuri a lot.
      Our dog barks at no one as he sleeps beside the fire all day..very lazy.

      Send me more news.

      Ms Dods

      Delete
  2. I am looking forward to reading and commenting on the class blogs.

    These next few weeks are going to be different for us all. My wife is working in one room of our house and I am working in another. Our cat walks between us sometimes to see if she can convince one of us to give her more food.

    ReplyDelete